Membership associations represent a great challenge due to their large stakeholder base and industry specialisms so the delivery of a thoroughly planned out strategy is paramount to its social media success. By utilising the major platforms, membership associations can certainly look to gain, retain and improve the services received by members.
British Association of Cosmetic Nurses
The largest professional association for nurses carrying out cosmetic treatments in the UK, set up for cosmetic nurses, doctors and dentists. The organisation operates under a strict code of conduct in order to ensure patient safety, and wishes to recruit more members to join their team.
- Focus on engaging with nurses, doctors and dentists
- Improving communication with existing members
- Recruitment of new members
- Event build-up and follow-up
- Successful communication channels established
- Consistent flow of relevant industry updates
- Recognised as experts in their field
- Increase in website traffic and membership enquiries
“Thank you so much for your support on our annual conference. An amazing success helped by your fantastic social media support. Record number of attendees and exhibitors!”
~ Paul Burgess – CEO of BACN
Membership association for accounts payable professionals
The largest membership organisation of its kind in the UK launched in 2016. The organisation began life as a LinkedIn group and grew to over 30,000 accounts payable professionals.
Offering a wide range of benefits to its members, the business needed to convert the LinkedIn group members to paying association members. JC Social Media were involved from the pre-launch stage and played a significant role in the launch strategy and the delivery of online marketing activity.
- Design and creation of landing page
- PR activity to generating awareness of new association
- Build strong email database of current and prospective members
- LinkedIn connection building
- Secured paying members before the actual launch
- Successful migration of LinkedIn group members to email database
- 37% conversion rate of landing page (securing emails)
Silicon Canal CIC – Birmingham’s tech scene
A non-for-profit community interest company which aims to build a bigger, stronger tech ecosystem for Greater Birmingham by connecting individuals and organisations across the tech ecosystem, promoting the activity of individuals and companies locally, nationally and internationally and supporting the entire ecosystem to grow.
- Writing topical weekly blogs
- Designing and distributing a monthly newsletter for members
- Monitoring engagement data for reports and innovation
- Open rates consistenly in excess of 30%, far higher than industry averages
- Click rate of 7% on campaigns
- 42% growth in list subscribers in 18 months
“SC has been working with JC Social Media for over a year now. They provide us with interesting and reliable content for our weekly blog as well as producing an insightful newsletter which goes out to our members, monthly.
Our blog often changes from in-depth technology, to opinion based stories, but they always rise to the challenge of whatever subject matter we provide and are consistently reliable. They are always quick to respond, if anything needs changing or updating.
I thoroughly recommend JC social media, they are a bunch of friendly, enthusiastic individuals who have taken the time to understand what we need.”
~ Molly – Cheif engagement officer