Membership associations represent a great challenge due to their large stakeholder base and industry specialisms so the delivery of a thoroughly planned out strategy is paramount to its social media success. By utilising the major platforms, membership associations can certainly look to gain, retain and improve the services received by members.
British Association of Cosmetic Nurses
The largest professional association for nurses carrying out cosmetic treatments in the UK, set up for cosmetic nurses, doctors and dentists. The organisation operates under a strict code of conduct in order to ensure patient safety, and wishes to recruit more members to join their team.
- Focus on engaging with nurses, doctors and dentists
- Improving communication with existing members
- Recruitment of new members
- Event build-up and follow-up
- Successful communication channels established
- Consistent flow of relevant industry updates
- Recognised as experts in their field Increase in website traffic and membership enquiries
“Thank you so much for your support on our annual conference. An amazing success helped by your fantastic social media support. Record number of attendees and exhibitors!”
~ Paul Burgess – CEO of BACN
Membership association for accounts payable professionals
The largest membership organisation of its kind in the UK launched in 2016. The organisation began life as a LinkedIn group and grew to over 30,000 accounts payable professionals.
Offering a wide range of benefits to its members, the business needed to convert the LinkedIn group members to paying association members. JC Social Media were involved from the pre-launch stage and played a significant role in the launch strategy and the delivery of online marketing activity.
- Design and creation of landing page
- PR activity to generating awareness of new association
- Build email database
- LinkedIn connection building
- Secured paying members before the actual launch
- Successful migration of LinkedIn group members to email database
- 37% conversion rate of landing page (securing emails)